Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

getting back on topic

Whoa, got way off topic again on some AC rant. I really got to work on staying focused Getting back to the topic of podcasts, listening to the NYtimes front page podcast and they're talking about the dangers of texting with the recent train wreck. Something studnets could easily relate to. Texting, not trains. Might even be my first opinion article if I can get something out soon enough. Last think I need to be is untimely. I admit, I've texted while driving. Usually while on an open highway but it is stupid. As if talking wasn't bad enough, now we're trying to type out messages? The brings me to Jott feeds. I think Jott could become pretty popular since you could sent emails just my speaking your message instead of typing it. Something I definitley want to talk about in the podcast.

Need some stats once again like amount of text related accidents and so on. Starting to seem more conclusive that the conductor of that train was in fact texting around or at the time of the crash. 25 people dead I think. Might even check with the Macomb PD to see how many accidents around here are text related or just cell phone related. Could be an article too I guess. Feels like it's been so long since I wrote one. Last thing I wrote was this article about the Geothermal truck here working on the multicultural center. Not the most exciting thing. Also need to remind Ed to get his writers conducting more interviews. One interview for an article is just lazy journalism. There's alway someone else that can say something. Just gotta look for them sometimes.

I think I got off topic again. Getting back on podcasts, need something entertaining. but not like some hollywood gosip crap. Want to get in some tech news but reach I wide audience. Can't just be something I like. Speaking of audience, don't want it too wide. If it's too broad, won't have the same connection but we'll figure that out.

Interviews- Try to get the president in at some point. Probably make a list of people and contact them to try and get an interview and if we're going to do this, probably need something a little more professional that a video camera that we extract audio from. Took me forever to figure out how to convert .mov files to mp3 but I did so that's good.

Students. Talking to students will not only give people someone else to listen to but let other people know about the show. Maybe we should get some business cards out for the podcast. Also, special guests on campus like musicians, entertainers, etc.

We need a length too. I was thinking something under 10 minutes that students could listen to between classes and then maybe a longer show on the weekend for a recap.

Need to let people know what there is to do around town since Macomb isn't the most exciting place.

I heard a lot of mistakes I was doing during the first cast like rubing my hands is really noisy and probably need to breathe quieter. Yes, I am a mouth breather and the mic always seems to pick it up. Sometimes, I have good days where my nose is pretty cleat but others, not so much. I know how I sound now so I'll try to sound more professional for next time but not boring. I'll find something in between.

Don't think I really feel like typing much more. Football today at 6:05pm and Volleyball at 7. I'll have a few of my new photographers out there learning how to shoot sports. Thing is, I think only one of them has a camera so I'll need to figure out that and do the same for Sunday when there's soccer at 2pm and I'll have 2 more people out there. Sounds like it's going to be a busy weekend. I better get to the office and get ready.

later.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.