Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pregame Prep


1_6055, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

Just another pic that'll probably never make the paper. Just saw the groundskeepers spraying the field on my way back to my dorm. Always wanted to shoot the guys doing this. I talked with them for a little, watched the process, got some info and yes I have captions. I'm really trying to avoid pics with none. I'll get my notebook from the office tomorrow. Nice guys.

Game is tomorrow at 6:05pm. Not sure what I'll do with multimedia. Feel like I'm getting burn out. Gotta slow it down and just relax. I'm trying to walk through pics with the new people. Guess we got a few for next Tuesday's meeting. Hopefully they all show.

We had this major error on the front page where one of the new reporters got all these dates wrong for the completion of a building on campus. Makes us look bad. Problem is, these writers are being sent out with no experience and they have no idea what they're doing I guess. Things at the paper are rough. I'm trying to do whatever I can to keep my section producing with all the new people we're using. So far, been getting by, hopefully get easier as the year goes on.

MTV is somewhere in Macomb. Some show called Busted so I'm sure there'll be a bunch of people acting stupid for the cameras. I got the scanner going so if anything crazy goes down, I'm gettin outta bed and finding it.... maybe.

So far, it's been someone passed out across the street from Sherman, a streaker on Adams St, a suicide threat (happens several times every week) and the typical loud party complaints. Ahhh, college. Just don't get calls over the scanner like this back in Chicago.

Well I got work to do in the morning. Later.

1 comment:

Doc said...

hey, add me to your blogroll
see ya at work

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.