Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yeah, so it's 1:15am, watching ping pong, gold medal match. I gotta find someone to play with on that table in the rec.

Well watched 2 stoner movies the past 2 nights, good times, funny stuff. Don't smoke myself.

This weekend has been insanity. It's rough but far from impossible. This ping pong is intense. I've just been covering move in day for the past 2 days. Don't think that makes sense but yeah, busy busy. Ma-Lin WINS! Wasn't paying attention.

Tonight was First Night Fun. It's this carnival type thing the school has the first Saturday. Made to give students who don't drink something to do I think. I got there pretty late. Honestly, didn't really feel like going after all that shooting the past 2 days but it was okay, pics were okay. Pretty sure I killed my flash. It's weird. Earlier in the day, I was over at Camera Land and one of the guys was talking about how it might be safe using my Nikon flash on my Canon 20D now but it could still fry my camera later. That's really odd. That happened last time with something. Hmm.

Well what happened was I was shooting this rotating ride at around 9:30pm so it was pretty dark out. I tried to add some flash to get a cool effect but after one of the shots, heard this LOUD pop. Hope the flash didn't blind anyone. Had a weird smell too. Tried the flash a few hours later, yup, still gone. Luckily, it was an old used $65 SB-24 but still, it was a great flash for off camera and I'm kind of sad it's gone. Just lucky nothing happened to my camera. Hope I learned my lesson. Looks like it's back to Canon flashes for me. Arg.

Wow, gold medal basketball is live tonight at 1:30am. I probably shouldn't watch it all but probably will. Led Zepplin is playing at Bejing's Closing Ceremony?? Just seems odd.

But yeah, Flash is gone, I'm done messing around with that. Thing is, I still have my Gadget Infinity triggers and since it's wireless I should be alright.

Besides that, I think I'm done shooting for the weekend but I'm sure some random thing'll come up tommrow and I'll end up shooting it just in case.

As for being the photo editor, it's pretty different. A lot more responsibility but I like it. My goal for the year is to teach my photog's everything I can. Every picture in the paper represents me in some way, good or bad. If I teach em well, we'll be fine, if not... well that won't happen. Next semester anyways. I'm pretty sure we have the Sunday off since we're just running the Friday paper again. Hopefully a meeting on Tuesday and sure hope we have MORE PHOTOGRAPHERS. Martyn and I need to recruit. Go to classes, make posters, whatever.

Oh yeah, I'll be in Arkansas next weekend :) Yay. Get to travel with football on a plane! Really wish my lens would come in but I doubt it.

Well I'm going to watch this gold medal basketball game and go to bed.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.