Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Yeah..... I'm an idiot.


WestPrairieGirlsTeam, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

Had to go over to West Prairie High School, about 15-20 minutes away from campus and take some team pics of the boys and girls track teams for the Macomb Eagle. I had never taken a large group picture so I had no idea how it was going to turn out.

I guess it was ok but I forgot to drop my ISO. I mean, who takes a portrait at ISO 1600 in bright sunlight?!? I was already at home when I noticed how grainy the pictures were. Tried to save them in photoshop. Other than that, the girls kind of just got in 2 lines. I think the girl on the top right should have moved over so I could get the face. I also should have told them what to do with thier hands and have them sit up straight instead of slouching. From what I remember from my track team pics, the photographer always had us facing slightly to the left or right.

The lighting was horrible too. I was thinking about using flash but opted out. The background is okay. Nothing too busy. I was also thinking about having them do something creative rather than the same old bleacher shot. If I had more time, and maybe more experience, I would.

As for the Eagle, I emailed them the pictures and talked to thier sports guy who told me to call the publishers to figure out how much I get paid. Probably should have done that first. I just hope they don't think I'm doing charity work. If they paid me in gas money and food, I guess I'd be okay though.

Live and Learn...

1 comment:

Chrissy Wainwright said...

I forget to drop my ISO all the time, it drives me nuts. I always do that when I go out to get nature shots.

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.