Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

DSC_1861


DSC_1874




DSC_1889, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.



I had a GREAT night of shooting. My photo editor called me after I got home from Subway with Dave and told me there was a large crowd of people over at the Dairy Queen (which happens to be about 2 blocks away from my house).

When I first got there, thought it was just going to be another assignment. I mean, I've always wanted to shoot the place becasue I liked the lighting but never gave myself a good enough reason to get out there.

When I got there, I was kind of just standing around, not doing much. Decided to call my mom and talk to her for a little, something I'm supposed to do on Sundays.

I ended up seeing a few people I knew and chatted with them. Some of these other guys saw what I was doing and wanted to try to get they're pictures in the paper so I shot a bunch of them. Overall, the people over there were pretty cool. Had a great time. Also, I made sure I explained that these pictures may or MAY NOT be in the paper. I'm sure a lot of people expect to be in the paper after I take thier picture but I guess theres not always room.

Another reason I'm happy is becasue I'm learning more about photoshop. Most of these pictures, I just increased the white on the levels and slightly darkened the blacks and they looked completely different. It's the slightly high contrast look I was looking for but couldn't find. I just uploaded these pics tonight so I'm not really sure if they are any good but I like them.

Well it's 1am. I should get to bed.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.