Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Poverty in McDonough County: Making calls

Seems like anyone who's anybody isn't in their offices today. Just managed to talk to a few secretaries and leave some messages. I don't know how the rest of this town works but I do know everyone else has Presidents Day off while we're off for Lincoln's b-day. Drinkin' for Lincoln here on campus. Really wish I made Thursday's police briefing to hear about all the things that happened Wednesday night.

Speaking of which, could be another angle. A few weeks back, a man in a red hoodie robbed HyVee Liquor's and apologized as he was doing it. Sign of the times? Granted everyone can't go around robbing stores to feed their families because the economy is in the crapper. Don't think the cops ever found the guy. I'm pretty sure retail theft is up nationwide and I'd imagine it's the same here.

At the police briefing's, I hear about theft every now and then but for the most part it's DUI's and battery. I just need an angle on something. Guess it's back to making more calls.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.