Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dorms 'suck'

Stayed up till 2am last night but managed to get up around 8:30am. Guess it's just habit. Well the friggin fire alarm goes off while I'm in the shower this morning so I threw some clothes on and headed down the stairs. Alright, back to the photo's...

setup_MG_0975


Had another photo illustration yesterday for the Opinions editor Sarah Zeeck. The story was for the dorms sucking up money from students so of course, the first thing in my head was a vacuum. Yeah, I know. Not the most original but time is tight. Just rented a vacuum, set up an umbrella in my room on a light stand about 6ft tall with the SB-80DX at 1/16 fired opticaly via my on pop up flash set to it's lowest setting on the 20D.

_MG_0994

_MG_0998

Too much ambient light at first so I turned a few off and it looked a lot better. First few were boring so I tried to add some motion by slowing down the shutter speed. to about 1/5 @ISO 100 f/2.8.

Overall, turned out okay with a quick setup. Really wish I had two flashes.

Got a media law paper to type. gtg.

1 comment:

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

excellent shots , nice and really intrasting work.

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.