Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Portrait: Misagh Jebeli

_MG_2071


It was already drizzling when I got to the international house just off campus. I was arriving about 10 minutes late because I was listening to a visitor to the office about a public affairs graduate program down in Springfield, IL.

He was sitting in a chair when I got there. I looked around the room and there wasn't anything on the walls so I decided to do the first shots outside. Amir, one of our graphic designers, also from Iran, was there so he showed me outside where there were two porches. The shot above is from the downstairs one while the other porch is in the background.

I wanted to use my umbrella but it was way too windy and I can't afford to break a flash. I decided to just shoot directly at him with the Sunpak auto 433D. It's this $60 manual flash I got in Chicago and I love it. Just popped on a diffuser and got my correct settings.

Tried this place, against the wall, on top of the bricks. I feel like this shows his personality more. Nice guy.

Well it ends up the paper is running a cutout in a graphic of a different pic so I guess the composition doesn't really matter. Kinda frustrating.

Anyways, probably another few hours of production here in the office. We've been leaving around 1am for the past two issues.

_MG_2059

Should've had the flash on the other side of the camera on the new bracket I got. All the highlights are on the gutter or whatever that is. I don't even know if I can have the bracket on the other side but I'll try it out. Doubt it though.

edit_2041

Oh yeah, HUGE NEWS!!! The 80-200 f/2.8L came in today. I've just been playing around with it in the office and wow, it's sharp and fast. Can't wait to try it out for sports or any news for that matter.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.