Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

bball vs. SDSU

Both the Mens and Womens team played South Dakota State University on Saturday. I had a photographer out there but decided to shoot some myself just to stay sharp. Good time. Happy with the shots.

_MG_0380

_MG_0408

_MG_0748

_MG_0451

_MG_0470

_MG_0715

_MG_0720

_MG_0736

The women lost and the men won.

I came about halfway through the womens game to check and see how my photographer was doing. The women were down by a sizable margin and ended up losing the game. The stadium, (Waste Management Court, who's name I hate because every time we lose, it seems like we're mocking ourselves) seemed a lot more packed than usual. Always glad to see that because pics with a bunch of empty seats in the background just aren't as good no matter how good the action.

They held the press conference upstairs because the Hall of Fame room was being used by the hoyte toites (sp?) according to someone. Rich folks I guess.

Mens game was pretty close the entire game. I spent the first half shooting from the catwalk. I know it gets old shooting from up there since the options are so limited but I love it. I knew Arsenio, the guy screaming in the pre-game huddle, was going to do that so I just planted myself above the huddle and waited. It paid off, I liked the shot. I planned on running my photographers photo's in the paper so I was just shooting for myself but since she wanted to leave during halftime of the mens game, (I told her it was alright), I think I might run one of my mens shots in tomorrow's paper.

I'm still pissed I missed the final shot. It's not every day that the mens team wins let alone with a half court buzzer beater. The thing that shocked me is I didn't even get any jube either. For some reason, decided to have the 16-35 and 50mm 1.8 on both bodies. If only I had a telephoto on, would've been set. Huge back page and everything. Really shows that practice makes perfect and the fact that I haven't shot any games in a few weeks didn't help. Next time, I'll be prepared. I better be. It's why I get paid.

Next game: Monday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.