Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Monday, July 23, 2007

speed


speed, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

Yeesh, where do I start. Saturday, went over to the Lake to take pics for Janelle and the Aids Marathon runners. While we were there, there was a press conference on the lakefront dealing with BP dumping into Lake Michigan. Never been to a "real" press conference outside the insanely boring podium shots at school. It was cool to see all the News channels there with thier cameras. Really should have done some networking. Really need a new business card too.

After that, I headed home, got a movie and called it a night.

The next day, decided I'd try and find something to shoot. I checked online and saw Evanston was having an Art Fair so I headed out. Also saw a bike race but it started at 7am so I figured it was over by noon. When I got there, the streets were closed off and the bike race was still going on and ended up going on for another few hours to my delight. Never been to one of those and it was pretty awesome. First few shots were pretty bad but with the racers doing up to 40 laps, I had plenty of time to work on it. Did some panning, low angle and high angle. I liked how the pics turned out but since I've never shot a cycle race, I have no idea if they're really that good. I ended up staying at the race for a few hours and rode my bike back and edited pics for a few hours.

Definitely need to buy more memory. I got 3 GB right now but had to start deleting all the bad pics to make room towards the end.

Well it's Monday now and I just happend to come across an artist hanging up her work in the Library on my lunch break so I took a few shots there. For not having an actual photojournalism job, it was a pretty busy weekend and I loved it. I can only hope next weekend is just as busy if not more. I still have race pics to edit and then I'll try and submit the pictures to Geoff @ the Pioneer Press.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.