Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Illinois Senator Dick Durbin

ADAM SACASA/ CHICAGO,IL Illinois Senator Dick Durbin answers questions regarding Whiting, Indiana's BP Refineries' plan to dump more waste into Lake Michigan after the Refinery implements its $3.8 Billion expansion. Senator Durbin, along with US Representative Rahm Emanuel, Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley and others are asking the company to stop.

Under BP's new state water permit, the refinery will be allowed to dump 1,584 pounds of amonia and 4,925 pounds of sludge per day into the lake.


In March 2004, the plant recieved a $58,687 fine for violations of the Clean Air Act.





Really like using this 50mm f/1.8. Felt a little restricting at first but I'm getting used to it. This was my first press conference in Chicago. I just happened to be down there with Janelle and her Aids Marathon traning group and they told me about this.

Anyways, I'm out to Evanston. Heard they got something going on over there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.