Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Darkroom Portraits

I was on Tim Mantoani's website and was checking out some cool portraits and decided to try and take some of my own. Not as cool but I'm working at it.

I wanted to concentrate the light more so instead of leaving the umbrella at around 45 degrees, I wanted light straight down on the subject.

Strobist info: 30" umbrella set camera right pointing nearly straight up (or is it down? Light was reflected down on subject if that helps) on light stand about 7 feet tall at 1/16 power. Used manual flash on bracket at 1/16 power pointed straight up with snoot to set off other flash optically. Camera on tripod.

_MG_3234
Sarah and Jared

_MG_3237
Tyler

_MG_3229
Tested out the lighting on myself first

_MG_3465
Martyn, Dave, Jon

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.