Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Still learning

Headed over to a TV station and newspaper over in the Quad Cities. Really wish I had done that before. People over there were really helpful. I got some video and took a few pics so I'll try to get those up maybe this week. Tried to get those business cards out to a few people too. Hopefully, I got a few contacts. While we were out there, heard about how horrible the market for journalists are right now. Luckily, I follow the news and hear about all the job cuts. It's going to be difficult when I graduate in the Spring. Just hope for the best and keep working.

There was a soccer game today at 4pm while we were in the Quad Cities. I sure hope that was taken care of back here. We only have 1 camera here at the paper and only one of my photographers has a camera and it's the IT department's camera.

As for football, probably not traveling this weekend. They'll be in North Dakota but I'll be at a job fair in Springfield tomorrow and back Friday. I just need to print out a few resume's and maybe a few pics while I'm at it.

I found out some campus news, big news, at the morning crime brief last week at the station. Really wanted to report it but it just doesn't seem timely anymore. Also found out the next court trial in Macomb is on October 20th at 9:30am. I have no idea what it's about but I'll try to make it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.