Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

medianess

Multimedia is something every journalist has to learn. It won't cut it to just know how to write or just take pictures or just shoot video. If there's another medium out there, chances are I'll be learning it in the next few months.

Just happened to see an ambulance over at Everly Park so I went and made a project out of it. Started editing yesterday and finished today. With pictures, it's so easy to edit and SO much quicker. Making a multimedia piece on some spot news on the other hand, takes a lot longer.

One thing I've been reading is to edit as you shoot. For the most part, all the video and photos are in chronological order anyways so if I can narrow it down to only the things I'll want to use, it'll be a huge time saver.

Live video was a failure because they meet every other week now. Something about that doesn't seem right but I won't get into that right now.

Media. It's the future. Now I just need to get back to writing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.