Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Bizz-E


_MG_0687, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

Ugh, woke up at around 6:45am, took a shower, grabbed my gear and headed out to the golf course.

It was a little chilly but nothing too bad. Now that I got access to a golf cart (since I'm media) Shooting golf is kind of fun. Still need to figure out all that etiquette whatnot. Those golf carts are crazy loud. I can get some decent speed too.

Anyways, shot golf till about 10am, then I headed back over to campus to shoot womens tennis. Shots turned out alright. This girl ^ up top, ran in last weeks paper so I'm not sure if this pic'll run. Maybe I got something better so whatever.

Oh yeah, I was shooting this one for the Athletics Department (who I also work for) so Steve, the assistant photo editor was out there shooting for the paper. Gets kind of confusing sometimes who I'm working for.

I get paid by the hour by the Athletics department ($7.50) and $15 per assignment for the paper so if the event's long like a quadruple overtime to start the football season, works out well.

So yeah, shot that and headed back to golf because Athletics needed pics of the awards at the end and some golfer shots since we don't have any on the web photo store yet.

Well my last photo assignment for the day starts in 30 minutes so in a nutshell, shot the rest of golf that was supposed to end at 11:30 but ended at 3:30!

Missed the first game of baseball but got the second since it was a double header (they lost but theres another game tomorrow) Oh wait, I shot mens Tennis before I made it over to baseball.

Finally done with sports for the day

Then it was COFAC for another music related concert thing and now some folk singer concert thing in the Union at 10:15.

Long day, love my job though.

adios.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.