Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Saturday, October 27, 2007


pre-race, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

Shot the Summit League Cross Country Championships today. Went better than I expected mostly because I forgot my charger and spare battery at the Womens Soccer game yesterday and I was freaking out thinking all I had was a half dead battery to shoot with for the entire day. Don't know how I keep losing that thing. Anywho, picked it up this morning in the office. A grip for the 20D would be nice but I'm abuot $200 short. Plus I just got a 430EX flash off Ebay so that'll set me back about $230.

Before the races began, had to go to Walmart to buy another 2 GB card becasue my other one had Womens Soccer from the day before and I had nowhere to dump. Waking up at 7am wasn't too fun either but didn't do much the night before so whatever.

Anyways, it was rough having to shoot all the teams instead of just Western but I did the best I could. Ran back and forth across the field a few times and was winded after that.

Had to do some interviews after the race with Western runners since the Courier has me doing the article. I'll probably type it up tommorow. 400 words.

Also got some portraits with the men's and women's teams after the race. Tried to get some variety. They turned out okay.

I think I spent about 2, maybe 3 hours burning CD's to clear my card and get the pics to the Summit League Rep.

Well it's 7pm on a Saturday Night. 'Bout time to get out of this Library...

adios

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.