Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

"field" work

Stopped by a lacrosse game on my way to work. I had no idea what I was doing and the game was pretty confusing to me. Maybe it's like hockey but I don't know hockey either so.... yeah.

lacrosse
ADAM SACASA / WESTERN COURIER A Northern Illinois player checks a Western Illinois player during the Sunday April 5th game at Vince Grady Field in Macomb, IL.

I never shot Lacrosse before. Saw it going on on my way to the office so I just stopped over to take a few shots. Heard it was a hard sport to shoot and doesn't help that I had no idea how the game works. Either way, had some fun. Plus the team never get's any coverage from the paper.

And yes, awful cutline, couldn't find any rosters.

Saw some kids playing soccer in another field. Thought it was our women's team from a distance. Got there, realized it, just shot a few and left. I really do love this lens. Think I mentioned that a few times now.

kids soccer


Well, back in the office now waiting for sizes, then seeing American History X in the Rec center pool at 7pm. Should be cool.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.