Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Friday, July 25, 2008

GED and a courthouse


_MG_9902, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

Today began around 11am. Had the day off yesterday so I finally got some decent sleep in. I'm still staying up way to late playing Need For Speed, I forgot which one, Most Wanted I think.

Anyways, had my first assignment at 1pm over at the Let's Help center. They offer GED classes and just wanted some shots from in the class. I wasn't sure how people in the classes would respond to a newspaper photographer but most seemed alright. Some didn't want their picture taken so that was fine with me. I think it's nice to see people getting their degree. Without an education, it's pretty hard to get by in America. Speaking of which, just 1 year of college to go, then....? I have no idea. Hopefully the market or my photos improve.

Headed over to the DOC because apparently, a sheriff turned himself in after shooting a man or two while off duty. Not sure what the deal was but I'll try to read about it in the paper tommorrow. I think Steve might be writing it right now. The guy managed to make it out without me seeing so no pic. There's way too many exits to cover for a facility I don't know.

Well, it is getting late and I think my shift here in the office is just about done. Probably head out to a party one of the writers is throwing tonight.

Still need to talk about that pool assignment but maybe later. I'm hungry.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.