Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Decided to check the stats for my smugmug site and found I had nearly 19,000 hits last month. Not too shabby. I think a lot of that was from my moto gallery. It had 13,000 hits by itself! Wow. Now, just need to keep converting these views into sales. I'm trying to get my business card out everywhere I go and it's going alright. Gave out a lot at the Death Ride event and so far, I've sold about$46 in the gallery. Of course, the site itself cost $149 so it's going to be a while till I break even. Hopefully this investment pays off. I'll try to push it hard when I get back to school.

Speaking of which, Nate, an editor over at the Macomb Eagle was asking if I was interested in a position over there. I think it was sports editor. Sounds pretty cool so I'll have to check it out when I'm back at school. Need to figure out my other two jobs (photo editor at the Courier and student photographer with Athletics) hmm... Thining about freelancing with athletics. Heard the photo store made about $1000 one month. Only thing is finding the audience. Might try to do some more advertising. I really should look into a business class as well. Lots to do.

Well I only have 1 more month of this internship. Looking forward to getting back home, getting some Deep Dish first. That Lou Malnati's is damn good. Doubt I spelled that right.

Well I'm at work right now. Could have gone home hours ago but I'm trying to maintain my website and trying to get pictures up as quick as possible. I can see why pro's have assistants. That'd be a HUGE help right now.

Probably another 10 mintues before these musical pictures finish uploading. Speaking of which, had a hard time shooting it. Granted, its just a play rehearsal but the lights were killing me. Half the time, it was bright red and I couldn't white balance for it. Wish I had my flash but the batteries were dead. I've got rechargeables in now so I'll be ready next time.


Today, just had one assignment this morning in Leavenworth, Kan. It was about an hour and 20 minutes away. I left out early hoping to grab some breakfast somewhere but it was just country roads for the last half of the trip. Shooting went alright. Since I didn't stop to eat, I arrived about a half an hour early so I got some shots out of the way and then just talked to Eathan, who the story was on. Got some nice facts on Horse hooves like how their diet affects the hooves. They're like fingernails on people so it's not painful to the horse. Weird thing was what the dogs did. Apparently, dogs love the shavings and clippings left over. Dog treats or something. Nice dogs though. Made me a little nevrous at first but played around with them and they were okay.

Sure hope some spot news happens. Been pretty slow news days these past few. There was a roll over last night but I guess the driver had left and it was pretty dark. I was going to head over to it but couldn't get the address until after a while. Kevin, the police beat reporter heard over the scanner it was downgraded.


Well, I'm tired, want dinner. Just need to wait for these pics to finish.

Last day tomorrow. Probably heading back Friday or Saturday. Probably Saturday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.