Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Catwalk.


SB-80, originally uploaded by blazinhispazian.

I always feel special going up there. I don't think I'm too afraid of heights but I do get a little nervous up there the first few times of the year.

This parts actually past the catwalk where all the cables and wires are. Tried to put a flash up there for some spotlighting but it didn't really work out. Had it full blast max zoom and everything. It showed a little bit but maybe if I changed my settings. Either way, didn't have enough flashes on the ground. Only my 430EX on a 15' PC cord to work with.

Just gotta keep trying new things till I get it right. Oh yeah, need to try that tip where I turn the flash around so I can see the refresh llight. That is geinus.

In other news... might be heading over to the track meet at Eastern on Saturday. Should be able to try some cool stuff. Realized I only have limited range since I'm stuck with the PC cord. Hoping for another reciever for x-mas.

But then....radiopoppers are comming! I guess they're better than the triggers I got now but not as great as PW's of course. Might invest in those. I think those come out in January 08 so maybe i'll wait. Maybe just get another flash till then.

It's snowing here in Macomb. Only a few inches but its tricky on the bike. Knees' starting to hurt again so I might go back to driving. Well I got finals next week, gotta study.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.