Adam Sacasa is a photojournalist with the Texarkana Gazette newspaper in Texarkana, Texas.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Going undercover

I was listening to On the Media from New York Public Radio and it got me thinking.

I'm sure other journalist's think about this, going undercover for a big news scoop. Take for instance ABC News v. Food Lion. In the Supreme court case, ABC news went to investigate the Texas supermarket reusing and bleaching old meat and mixing it in with newer meat.

After the story came out on Primetime Live in 1992, the stock for the company plummeted but Primetime got a journalism award.

Food Lion sued and a federal court agreed with Food Lion. Still, ABC only had to pay $2 after an appellate court reversed the original decision that would have awarded Food Lion $5.5 million in damages.

hmm.


INFO: http://academics.smcvt.edu/dmindich/food%20lion.htm

Got a news tip or story you want covered? Send an e-mail: adamsacasa@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Alison McGaughey said...

I heard that same broadcast! It got me thinking, too. I need to hear that show each week-- it was really good. Also, it made me kind of wish I was a news reporter again....or at least that I might get kick out of watching "Donnie Brasco."

About Me

My photo
Macomb, Illinois, United States
writer/photojournalist. Mostly the later.